Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome to Twiddle Thumbs

To quote a man I admire: "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul...Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty...Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. When I discovered crafting in my childhood, I wanted to try everything. I made pot holders with the pegged loom and stretchy loops. I used modeling clay. I did summer crafts at the local hobby store which involved (more often than not) popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners and plastic wiggle eyes. When I was in 2nd grade, the art of boondoggle hit and you could buy supplies in the school office. I never did well with it, but it was fun. When I was in 6th grade everyone was knotting together embroidery floss for friendship bracelets. Now that I'm an adult, there are still more possibilites to make wonderful crafts of all kinds and I want to get a finger in every pie. I even used my daughter's Perler fuse beads recently to make this tree. I always wanted fuse beads. So , welcome to Twiddle-Thumbs, where my friends and I hope to share many different crafts and ideas with you. We hope you can find something new to try or be inspired to try something you love in a different way. Glad you're here! -C

No comments: