Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quick & Cute Bank

My mom bought these letters shortly after my daughter's birth four years ago. I'm so glad I finally altered them. I really like how they turned out. After I was finished, I had enough patterned papter to make a cute little bank out of a Clabber Girl baking soda can. First, I removed the paper label, ran it through the dishwasher, then cut a hole in the lid wide enough to fit a folded up birthday dollar bill. Supply list for bank: One empty baking soda can
  • A few, I used three, sheets of double-sided patterned paper (this is Magical Moments by Daisy Bucket Designs)
  • Paper flowers (Sweet N Sassy Princess by Prima)
  • Rub-on letters (Making Memories Simply Stated Trademark in black
  • Adhesive (Zig Two-Way Glue and Scotch Tacky Glue)
  • Supply list for altered letters: Plain white letters (these were purchased at Wal-Mart 4 yrs ago)
  • Same paper as listed above
  • Same paper flowers as above
  • Adhesive (Mod-Podge)
  • extras: buttons and rick-rack from personal stash

Quick crafts are great. The hardest part seems to be deciding on the best time to sit down and do them. I'm working on another craft right now that I'm really excited about. It isn't quick AT ALL. I can't wait to show it here. Soon! --C

No comments: