Please come on over and follow me... and update any links or short cuts you may have! I will be slowly changing things on the blog and creating a button and such! -Anisa
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Whole Mushrooms (about 6 packages)1 lb. country sausage
Turkey Stuffing mix8 oz. cream cheese
Brown sausage. Add stuffing mix and the amount of water that the box recommends (do not add butter because of the sausage grease.) Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Spoon mixture into washed and de-stemmed mushrooms. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.-Anisa
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
1. I am a mom of 3 boys... I am the only daughter with 3 brothers... My husband comes from a family of 7 boys and 1 girl... We are a "boy" family.2. I am a very simple gal... I prefer to wear t-shirts and jeans, I don't wear jewelry or accessorize at all.... kind of funny that I like to make accessories, I just don't like to wear them. The hat is a new accessory because I don't like my hair cut (see #7) 3. I don't listen to music... I find it to just be one more noise... I'd prefer total silence. 8. I am super picky about my purses. have to have a purse that slings over my whole body... I don't want to hold it in my hand or carry it.... I also like it to have the perfect pockets. I had the perfect fossil purse and it fell apart... I bought a cheap replacement at Target, that only worked okay... My sister in law found me a super great Fossil purse for me at a consignment store and I bought a Relic purse at Kohls... I'm giddy with new purses!!! I also get the opportunity to award a "stylish blogger award" to other sites I enjoy.
1. Nanny Goat ...Super cute ideas...2. The Coffee Shop Blog... Free Photoshop Elements and photography tutorials.
3. Prepared not Scared... this is some ward blog that I happened across, but they have great games for kids.4. Make it and Love it... the name says it all!
5. Studio Calico... I'm too cheap to buy their kits... wish I could... but I still love all of the inspiration!6. U Create... who doesn't visit this blog often... always where I go to find inspiration.
7. Ana White... love all of her furniture plans... still haven't built anything yet, but I promise I will some day!8. Maggie Homes... I always nominate Maggie! She used to be my neighbor and she is so cute and creative... I love her scrapbooking style (I scraplift her ideas all the time) and I love her photography!
To claim your award, save the "Stylish Blogger Award" to your desktop. Post eight things about yourself and give the award to eight other blogs you like.
(I'm just too cheap to spend money on cards at the store:)I just simply used my heart punch to cut out scraps... I glued them on first, then sewed stitching through!!!
Friday, February 4, 2011
I used my Cricut a little, the old-style Ellison die cut machine at the school, and a pair of scissors to create all of these crafts! It was also a fun way to use some of my papers that I didn't think I would use on my scrapbook pages.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Look at this beautiful wheat flour!I used this recipe from allrecipes.com. I love allrecipes.com. I love that people leave their reviews with their suggestions. I know there are a lot of other things you can add to your wheat bread that make it fabulous... like gluten. I did not have any on hand... and I made this bread on a whim. I even used more wheat flour than the recipe called for and it turned out fabulous! Isn't it pretty? I totally want to have some as a snack right now!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
I have a lot of fun changes in mind, so check back often....
Sunday, January 23, 2011
(PS Shellie... I am still going to make you some to go with the owl blanket)
Friday, January 21, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
There is a cute little fabric store that I drive by every day on my way to and from work. I have purposely avoided it because... well, I knew I would spend money there. So, the other day I needed some ric rac for a project (that I need to post about) and I saw that they had the cute owl fabric! My sister in law had mentioned that she wanted a light weight blanket to match her car seat cover. Something she could lay the baby on. So, I got to work! And I discovered that the fabric comes in flannel too! I wanted to use minky because it's really soft... and I had a bit of the lighter brown color left over from a project. Just be careful with minky because it's very stretchy... it caused some problems for me and a little unpicking... and the blanket still doesn't lay as flat as I would like it to, but I still think it turned out cute... and it's super soft! I wanted to give it a little character so I used bright red thread and did some zig zag stitching along the seams. It was super fun to make and I hope baby West loves it!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
I love cute hair flowers, but I never get the chance to make them because I have 3 boys. So, I got the chance to make a few!I tried a few different techniques. All of these flowers were made by simply taking a strip of fabric about 2" wide by 18" long. I started by tieing a knot at the end... the not becomes the center of the flower. Then, you kind of just fold and twist while you hot glue. I'm sure there is some awesome blog out there with a tutorial on these flowers... I was too lazy to try to figure out how to take pictures while my hands were making the flowers. This pink flower was made by taking the same strip of fabric. Instead of twisting and hot gluing, I folded it in half the long way. Then I simply took a needle and thread and sewed along the non-folded edge. I gathered as a sewed. Then I sewed a button in the middle. This flower was made by taking a piece of fabric about 1.5" wide x 18" long. I simply tore the fabric to give it the shappy chic look. I then used a needle and thread to do a gathering stitch along the edge. I repeated with a piece of fabric 1" x 18" and then sewed the smaller one on top of the larger one. And sewed a button in the middle. I think they turned out pretty cute and it was fun to make some flowers out of fabric.... Next up... singed flowers.
Some of these flowers were made specifically to take pictures of this cute little girl....I had fun trying out some photo techniques and fun editing in Iphoto and Photoshop elements. Now, I can't wait to go meet my new little nephew!!!