Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
1. Wooden blocks (mine were 2 x 3)
2. Scrapbook paper
3. Paper trimmer
4. Corner rounder-optional
6. Sand paper
7. Modge podge
8. Letter stickers or stamps
Here's the how-to (but don't worry they are super easy):
1. Paint your blocks on all sides.
2. Trim your paper, 1/4 inch smaller (all the way around) then your block
3. Round your corners if you want
4. **Modge Podge one side of your block.
5. Lay a paper on and modge podge again over top the paper. Push bubbles out starting from the center working your way out.
6. **If you are using stamps, stamp your letters on the paper before modge podge-ing. Otherwise continue: Put your sticker or vinyl letters on the block.
7. For an antiqued look go ahead and sand the block edges now.
8. Modge Podge over letters.
9. Add embellishments if you want them.
10. Display on a shelf! You're done!!
Here's my final result: