Friday, February 4, 2011

A few crafts for my classroom

I am a teacher by profession. I taught highschool French and Chemistry for 3 years and Jr. High Science fo 5 years. I took a break from teaching to have kids. When we moved to St. George, I decided to try to find a teaching job. I was too late to find a job teaching science, but I found an opening as a study skills teacher.... which I love! My students told me that my classroom was boring... so I thought I'd take care of that!!! I made this adorable bunting to hang across my boring chalkboard... It's always top priority to count down until summer break... ... and no classroom can be complete without a calendar. The dates are laminated and attached with velcro so that I can use different dates for each month. ( I have loved having a laminating machine at my disposal)

I used my Cricut a little, the old-style Ellison die cut machine at the school, and a pair of scissors to create all of these crafts! It was also a fun way to use some of my papers that I didn't think I would use on my scrapbook pages.

-Anisa

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Loves these idea's mind if I steal them for when I teach?

Lib-Dawg said...

If I EVER graduate and teach I will have to steal these ideas also. LOVE THEM!

Krista said...

I found you via MMB and I love your site! You are a winner of the Stylish Blogger Award!
You can pick up your award along with the instructions on my blog.
Congratulations! - Krista
http://momsmishmash.blogspot.com
PS: I am one of your followers- hope you will follow me. A "hodge-podge" and a "mish-mash". That's great!!

Cami said...

These look great!