Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Any Excuse to Buy Scrapbook Paper

I love to scrapbook and I love scrapbook paper. I often find myself buying the paper just because I love it even though I don't see a layout using it in my future. Any time I can incorporate my love for scrapbook paper with my love of decorating my home, I'm on board. The added bonus is that when my project is complete, I often have left over paper scraps that I can use on a layout... I'm killing two birds with one stone (as my grandma would say). My inspiration for this project was my son's bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. I copied the simple patterns and shapes of the truck, bus and car. I simply cut them out with scrapbook paper. I did a little bit of hand stitching with embroidery floss as well as some machine stitching. And of course the wheels needed to have buttons in the center. I love buttons. Here is the final project. I love how it turned out. A few sheets of scrapbook paper are a lot less expensive than buying art. Click on the image for a closer look. Posted by: Anisa

No comments: