Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Little Pumpkin Patch

I shipped one small child off to preschool and another one of to dreamland. What's a mother to do with 2 hours to HERSELF?! Obviously, catch up on crafts. I have a growing list of must-try projects. Number 1 on that list? These adorable pumkins: They were soooo easy to make. I raided my felt stash and about an hour and a half later, I had 4 cute, kid-friendly pieces of fall decor. (Kid-friendly being very important with 3 resident monkeys living here.)Click here for the free pattern from Pattern Bee. The pattern only has pieces for a medium and mini pumpkin. I tend to like things in groups of three, however. To make a large pumpkin I traced around the larger pumpkin piece leaving about a 1/4" margin all the way around. (It worked beautifully by the way.) For the stems, I used some cinnamon sticks from my spice cupboard. If I were to do this again (which I probably will), I'd most likely pick different felt colors. That eggplant-purple is really starting to grow on me, though. Hmm...Maybe add a little black witch hat? --Posted by Angie

No comments: