Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scripture Bag

My daughter was baptized into our Church on Saturday. My husband and I gave her her first set of scriptures and a scripture tote. I picked one up at Seagull Book (a Utah based store) for $5. Here it is:
Cute color. Definitely girly, but lacking in personality I think. Using the fabric flower I did here (tutorial found here) with fabric in my stash and some ric rac I had on hand, her bag no longer lacks personality.
I also did the ric rac on the back.
Everything is sewn directly to the bag by hand. I was able to get it completely finished in just a couple of hours. (Less if you don't have to stop to get kids from school and feed them ;)

3 comments:

AJ and Kandice said...

love the scripture case :) by the way, your lds.org link isn't working :(

Anisa said...

It's all about embellishing.

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Too cute! I just love how you jazzed it up!

~Morgan

http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop