I asked my Sister in Law to do a tutorial on her purses.... I am so excited to bring it to you. Thanks for helping us out Shellie!!!
I was really nervous when Anisa asked me to be a guest for a tutorial on my purses. I have been making these little purses for my daughter, they are super easy and super quick to sew, I even made a matching one for me... Instructions: ( All seam stitches 1/4 inch.)
1. I used 2 coordinating fabrics and cut them to the size I wanted. Note: the outside fabric and inside (Bag Lining) fabric are the same size.
2. Take your Front and back of the bag material and sew right sides together around 3 sides leaving the top open. 3. Take your bag lining fabric and sew right sides together around 3 sides: HOWEVER leave a large opening in the bottom of the bag. Somewhere between 6 and 8 inches should be plenty.
4. Flip the outside fabric so the right sides are showing, leave the bag lining with right sides facing each other. It should look something like this...
5. The straps - I cut 2 3" width strips of both fabrics. Note: The width the length depends on how long you want the straps to be on your purse, I measured my daughter.
6. With right sides facing sew down one side of the fabric, while sewing down the other side leave a 4-5" opening to flip the strips so the right side facing out..
7. Once your strap is flipped then iron the strap and sew down both sides to give it a finished look.
8. Sewing your bag together. Pin your straps to the bag, then slip the bag lining over the entire bag and pin the top of the bag together. Here is a good time to make sure your strap is not twisted.
9. Sew around the top of the bag
10. Remember that hole you left in the bottom of the bag, pull the entire bag through the hole.
11. Now Iron the bottom of the bag and sew the hole closed. Push the lining into the bag and...
You are done!!!