Friday, September 18, 2009

Use your Stash! (oh, and contest winner!)

And the winner is.....
Anonymous Jamie Lovell said...

Dress forms have been around since the time of the pharaoh and have kept peasants and royals busy designing or mimicking the latest ‘envogue’ designs for ages. I have considered Egyptian names, and names like Florence, and Marie Antoinette all of whom used dress forms, but couldn’t get them to fit. I also considered naming her Threads or Silk, but those both seem to trendy, but Poly as in polyester. That is a name that has staying power. Although most of us would admit to having a love/hate relationship with polyester, this little synthetic fiber really is amazing. Since 1941 this tacky, heavy duty fabric has been repelling stains, keeping us iron free and covering everything from kid’s knees to floors. Did you know that polyester can be worn for 68 days straight without needing to be ironed? So with that verbose bit of commentary added to your lives, I think that you should lovingly call your vintage dress form “Poly”. Happy Name Hunting.

September 7, 2009 9:23 PM

I have to say that I Love the name Poly Ester. And I didn't even vote! And it was fun to finally read the comments and learn a little bit about dress forms along the way. Thanks, Jamie. Send me an email at twiddlethumbs@rocketmail.com with your mailing address and I'll get that apron to you asap.

Sally, you were neck and neck with Brown Sugar the whole time. I am coming up with a small 2nd place prize so, leave me your mailing address at twiddlethumbs@rocketmail.com and I will mail it to you as well.

Now, on to my post.... Here is a great way to use your stash and some super cute gift wrap. DVD cases (cd's, wii games, etc.) are the perfect size to be wrapped in a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper. I have a lot of papers that are still cute, but I've already used them enough or I don't LOVE them anymore. They are great for gift wrap. Add a little tulle and you're set!!!

-Anisa

2 comments:

Nicola said...

this blog is wonderful!
angie, i received the gift exchange packet in the mail and turned some of the fabric into a cute give-away on my blog. pop over if you like!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Poly Ester is the best name--yay!