Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Appliqué Revisited

There's just a little more time to vote for your favorite name here --------->

Who knew that the simple techniques of appliqué would bring such smiles my way?

For my little girl's first day of school, I purchased a shirt and skirt for her to wear. I had forgotten about them until I asked her what she wanted to wear for her big day the next morning. She showed me the clothes, but they now seemed so plain.

I needed something quick so after she was in bed for the night I cut 3 hearts out of felt and sewed them on with a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine. I added three buttons and when she woke up on the morning of her first day, she was delighted with my little surprise. I was too and liked that I didn't have to buy something new to accomplisht. My oldest son wanted his brother and him to have matching super-hero capes. He designed the back of the capes. Free-hand cutting the lightning bolts was about as difficult this simple technique got and they were so pleased with the results.
Maybe what the world needs is just a few more embellishments.
--C

2 comments:

Lucashell said...

Oh my gosh I Love it!

Seegmiller Six said...

love it! soooo cute and talented cami!