Thursday, July 9, 2009

Here's what I'm up to today...

I love quilting or rather the idea of quilting, the look of quilting, but facing facts, I am the last person that needs to rack up another hobby.
As an homage to quilting, however, I decided to make a paper quilt to hang on the wall.
I'm working on it today.
I purchased a few sheets of coordinating patterned paper from the scrapbook section of Roberts Craft and I've been creating squares using a Marvy Uchida paper punch (it's about 1"x1") I'm using a variety of paper brands including: Rusty Pickle, Chatterbox, Crate Paper, DCWV and My Mind's Eye. I'm using a large stretched canvas that I picked up at Tuesday Morning over a year ago. For my adhesive I'm using good old Elmer's Glue.
I'm really excited to see how it all turns out. I'm going to be using strips of paper to 'bind' it around the edges.
I'll post the finished work in the next day or two along with one of my other posts.
--C

1 comment:

Lib-Dawg said...

Can I just say, once again I am blown away at how creative you are! I am loving all these ideas. Maybe someday I will do them and send you pictures so you can post what I've done. Key word: Someday. I'm excited to see the finished project!