Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Comfy, cozy

The other day I was over at Little Birdie Secrets blog and saw this post for a denim picnic quilt. (Not only a cute idea, but helps block out damp grass. ) I plan on making that cute denim quilt, but wanted to do something now to help get ready for all those things.
I know winter isn't quite over but who hasn't craved something soft and cozy while spending hours and hours in a car? To curl up in after a long day at the lake (and a painful night with subsequent sunburn-nope not me)? Or maybe it'd be nice to have something to snuggle with while we wait for the weather to get warm again....
There were two lovely pieces of fleece in my fabric box and how fun would it be to have a new little blanket for all these things?! Using the same method I use for receiving blankets (watch for tutorial in the next few weeks), I made my own super-snuggly, just-the-right-size-for-anything blanket. It was so easy and quick (about an hour). If I were to do it again, I'd do something a little more square than rectangle. I can already tell this will be a favorite!
(Sorry for the poor picture-one day I'll be able to blog in daylight hours!!)

No comments: