Monday, February 16, 2009

Sock and Glove

The first time I had seen a sock monkey was on Homemade by Jill's blog. She was obsessed with them and promised that they were so easy to make.
While browsing through the local library's craft books, I happened out IT. The book that takes a plain, boring pair of socks and turns them into an adorable little lovey. Sock and Glove. Really, you should check it out just to read it. The author tells how her sock and glove animals came to be in a charming, story-book way. The instructions were simple, easy to follow and illustrated (my favorite).
I had to try one before the book went back to the library. There were flaws, but overall I learned a lot about what I'd do differently next time. I also think using a better quality than dollar-store socks would help. It was fun and my 7-year-old loves her silly new sock monkey

2 comments:

Cami said...

You did find something to do with those socks! I'm impressed!

Sarah said...

This little guy turned out great! How adorable!