Friday, December 19, 2008

And the Stockings Were Hung

Last year my daughter's socking wore out. She's only six. And, no one wears a Christmas stocking! Obviously, I had bought it at the dollar store. She has had me on the hunt this whole season for a new one, but either they are too expensive, not cute enough or both. I decided that she needed one made especially for her by her mom. I am very happy with the final results and she loves it too. (I'm sorry for the blurriness-my camera is being a little picky lately I used a different stocking for a pattern and pieced it together. There is pink rickrack trim between the two different fabrics on the cuff (to hide that seam). The letters are cut from felt using an old scrapbooking alphabet template and hand-sewn on using contrasting embroidery floss. The flower is made of felt and also hand-stitched onto the sock. (I got the idea for the flower at A Feathered Nest and the instructions are at this cute site.) I finished off with a ricrac loop (not sure if I love that part-may still change it) to hang the stocking with.

2 comments:

Anisa said...

So cute. I love it!!!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

I love the stocking! Very cute! I am amazed at how crafty you girls are!