Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Frustrations.... please help?

So, folks, I was talking to Cami the other day about the craft blog (this is Anisa). I have been feeling realllllyyyy frustrated lately with a lot of the projects that I've been trying to do (see my post about sewing). I tried to make these velcro embellished flipflops.... and didn't like them because you can see the velcro. I've also been trying to figure out how to somewhat duplicate these shirts for my boys that I saw in a catalog. My technique involves applique and freezer paper stencil. But when I started on the project, my applique wouldn't stick... I don't know if it's the knit (I seem to have issues with knit) or if I got the wrong Heat-n-Bond. I'm feeling super frustrated with crafts right now. I don't know if it's just that I'm trying to make things just for the sake of trying them, or just for the sake of the blog or what my problem is. I'm super busy right now... I work 30 hours a week... but I can do my crafting during that time. And I can't think of anything that I want to do and what I do try doesn't turn out.

So, I was venting my frustrations on Cami and she said, "Should we archive the blog and quit?" If you can't tell, Angie has taken a break from the blog. And Cami wants to take a break from the blog. So, DO I TAKE A BREAK? Or do I take it over for myself? Do you guys like my crafts? Do you want me to keep going? Do you have any ideas of a cute fun craft that I could do while I'm working? I guess I could just scrapbook:)

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think? Do you like Twiddle Thumbs? Do you think I should keep crafting and posting? Let me know.

-Anisa

4 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Well, If you are no longer having fun or enjoying as much as you think you should, a breather is probably a good thing. Also, do you know about the pillowcase drive on allpeoplequilt.com? Super fun easy project (my 11year old made one) and it is for a good cause.
The have video tutorial that was great!

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/

Lib-Dawg said...

I agree. If you aren't enjoying it then take a break. Anisa, you are so busy I don't know how you do it. I'm a single gal and can't even keep up on my own personal blog. I think maybe take a break, and during the break if you make anything just take a picture and blog it when your break is over. Your family and personal life are a lot more important then a craft blog. Although, I love your blog!!!! But, your sanity is more important.

Cami said...

I echo all of the above. Especially Libby's last sentence.

Ranae and Matt said...

although we will miss you take a summer break and enjoy life. then in the fall if your up to it come back if not oh well. Life is more important. Maybe when you come back and you haven't been stressed about this blog you will have some wonderful craft to show.