Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Craft room Storage Crates

I have a cute white desk in my craft room that I purchased on Target.com a few years ago. I love the style and simplicity of it, but the desk has open shelves on it. The open shelves are very deep and I have never been able to find the right size of baskets to fit the shelves. So, considering the fact that I love to cut wood, I decided I was going to make my own wooden crates... that way I could make them to perfectly fit under my desk.
And they fit perfectly.... it's almost scary. I only made three and now looking at the pictures, I'm wondering if I should make one more. I have my Cricut mats and paper trimmers on the top shelf and they kind of hang out so they wouldn't fit in a crate. I guess I could find somewhere else to store them so that I could have a perfectly even desk storage. I had so much fun building them. I love it when I get to use tools and saws without my hubby's help... it's even better that he's willing to clean up my sawdust mess:) My ultimate goal is to get this craft room organized enough that I can take pictures of the whole room and post them for you... one step at a time.... Here's a preview of one wall.

4 comments:

Cami said...

This looks so great!
Don't let the unevenness bother you.

Logan and Sydney said...

You amaze me! Why can't we live closer together so I can learn your crafty ways???

Rae said...

That is the COOLEST idea!!

marlene said...

I have the same desk in black and I LOVE it :) The crates are fabulous. I have had a hard time finding any kind of storage containers that fit - maybe I will have to make some...