Friday, December 11, 2009

Quick, Festive Neighbor gifts

I am always up for a quick and easy gift for friends and neighbors, so I thought I'd share what I did last year.
I started with some cellophane bags filled with hand dipped chocolate pretzels and homemade Oreo truffles. (Hold on, I'm drooling just thinking about it. Okay. All better.) The bag looked pretty plain until I snipped some twigs off my pine tree and swiped some candy canes from our holiday stash (fresh ones and stale. lol.) It turned out lovely and I spent next to nothing on gift wrapping.
Moral of the story? Go raid your backyard (or your neighbor's-just kidding) for something fun and festive to add to your gift wrapping and you'll have thriftiness, elegance, creativity, and festiveness all rolled into one!
Oh-and in case you have never had an Oreo truffle, here is the simple, simple, mouthwatering recipe:
Oreo Truffles
1 pkg Oreos
1- 8oz pkg softened cream cheese
melting chocolates
Finely crush Oreos. Using a mixer, mix in the cream cheese. Roll into balls and freeze on lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Melt your chocolates. Dip each Oreo ball into chocolate and lay on wax paper to harden. Enjoy!!
Ang

No comments: